• Breaking News

    Friday, October 29, 2021

    Batman Arkham Idk if this has been done before. Have mercy

    Batman Arkham Idk if this has been done before. Have mercy


    Idk if this has been done before. Have mercy

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    Arkham Origin Bruce wayne be like:

    Posted: 29 Oct 2021 12:22 AM PDT

    That one race.. iykyk

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    So i found thing, not sure if anyone knew this but just watch the video

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    Happy Halloween arkham fans

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    what do you think about my lego firefly from arkham knight

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 12:14 PM PDT

    Now that the Justice League exists in the Arkham Verse. What other member of the JL would you like to see get a game?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 12:03 AM PDT

    What game ahould rocksteady make next after suicide squad kill the justice league?.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    Nothing beats this dialog for me, i love this game!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    Get ready for the encore

    Posted: 29 Oct 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    This man is unkillable

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 11:55 PM PDT

    Would you rather be homies with Aaron Cash or Commissioner Gordon

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    My favorite suit up across all Arkham games

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 05:17 PM PDT

    Functional 3D printed explosive gel (superherodiy on Instagram)

    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 06:10 PM PDT

    This is the way

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    Even though I have beat regular story mode 20+ times since this game came out, until recently, I only cared enough to complete the full Riddler content twice. I don't think I can get psyched enough to do it again...

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 05:17 AM PDT

    The batman mod (gta5), we need this in arkham knight asap, maybe a new dlc

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 09:43 PM PDT

    Does anyone else prefer Asylum over City?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    Don't get me wrong. From a gameplay standpoint City wins in almost every aspect. But nothing can match the nostalgia I get while playing asylum. This may sound dumb but hear me out first. To me City feels like a movie or comic. Which is awesome but that's actually why I prefer Asylum more. Asylum feels more like it's own thing to me.

    submitted by /u/Tr101748
    [link] [comments]

    Arkham Origins felt thoroughly underwhelming for me and almost ruined the Arkham franchise for me to an extent that made me feel bitter and resenful. I know it's like beating a dead horse but, I would love to express my thoughts as to why it invoked such strong disappointment from me.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2021 01:36 AM PDT

    Before, I begin, let me give you guys some background on where I'm coming from.

    Essentially, Origins was the very first video game I ever owned, I have been a Batman since I was 3 years old, grew up with the Nolan movies and the DC comics, I owned comic books from many runs and decades and titles, from Detective Comics, to Batman to The Animated Series comics to The New Animated Series, And I still remember the jaw dropping excitement and aching desire that ignited within me when I first saw the Arkham Asylum poster in Macy's and the Trailer on TV when I was eight years old, and the Arkham City trailer on Youtube got me so hyped, all I did was look for gameplay videos of it whenever I could get any access to it on Yotube when I was eleven. My parents never liked video games and always regarded them as violent, graphic and adult oriented as well as being low on any artistic or literary and educational merit and hence barred me from playing any until I turned sixteen.

    Though I wasn't allowed to own a PC and obviously consoles were out of the question, I did play a lot of Batman Arkham Origins on my parent's I-pad as a pre teen until around 2017 when I got a PC and due to good grades I was able to negotiate the allowance to purchase one video game of my choice and when I found out that Asylum was beyond my budget, I settled on playing the games chronologically through Origins.

    As for the game itself, I was definitely excited to play it and after spending a day downloading it through Steam (thank you Warner Bros you guys might as well not sell your CDs if you want us to download your game). I booted it up and was having a bit of fun and was really getting into the game, I wasn't a huge fan of the digital U.I and it felt very odd and out of place for a prequel game that was meant to take place long before Asylum and City which are worlds that look like they were simultaneously existing in 17th and 21st century from what I could gather. Origins's city looked insanely bland and as trying too hard to look like the Gotham City from The Dark Kinght Rises, minus the gritty realism, psychological depth and thematic conflict of the movie it was trying so hard to feel like. The art for the environments, especially the exterior ones felt very bland and canny and that god awful bridge that you had to traverse over and over to get anywhere in the city felt absolutely fatiguing and sadistic.

    Speaking of fatiguing and sadistic, that's how I would describe the core gameplay. The combat always felt as clunky and awkward as Batman looked in the game with his oversized grey hockey pads, the punches sometimes failed to land and I would lose my combo for no reason. And compared to Arkham City and Asylum, two games I had the absolute delight of playing back to back, chronologicaly this month for the first time, it failed to introduce the game mechanics and gadget uses in a way that the player could understand and properly utilize to their advantage unlike those two. Hence, I was more inclined towards counter/attack button mashing until I could supercharge the electric gloves and use my virtual get out of jail free card, and I would say the same for the remote claw in Predator encounters. Havin all these gadgets this early with little explanations or story moments to explore the context of their creation really makes the game feel like it has borderline fraudulent marketing and game title, which brings me to the plot and it's presentation.

    The plot and the title and the marketing have very little do with one another and I felt like I was slightly scammed and given a , (spoilers ahead) ,a so-so reimagining of how Batman first met Joker and Bane but one that isn't half as good as the source material it takes inspiration from introducing many continuity problems early on. I got the game thinking that it would show me how Batman first met his many villains and allies and how they formed relationships and dynamics that are now considered iconic all the while running a Gauntlet of deadly new assassins and getting caught up in a gang war between the Joker &The Penguin. But instead they shoehorned Bane in way too early, gave Batman and Gordon a few minutes to suddenly establish them as lifelong allies with a mutual understanding out of nowhere, no Catwoman, Alberto Falcone makes one cheap cameo but no explanation as to how Batman tackled organized crime and corruption without Gordon or Dent's aid. Penguin shows up and leaves early on, Tried to make me care about Joker & Batman's dynamic and succeeded to a slight extent but ultimately didn't feel as compelling as their iconic rivalry in City & Asylum. Bossfights ranged from really fun and iconic (Deathstroke, Deadshot, Bane, Shiva, Madhatter and Anarky) to forgettable and disappointing (Copperhead, Bird, Firefly) but still nothing as memorable and iconic as Poison Ivy's, Ra's Al Ghul's, Penguin & Solomon Grundy's. Scarecrow & Mad Hatter's, Mister Freeeze, etc. Still haven't found a Asylum or City bossfight that I did not enjoy.

    The presentation to me, was massively letdown by uninspired art and environment design that looked bland and forgettable, badly textured graphics, and insane framerate difference between pre-rendered cutscenes and in game graphics that constantly broke the immersion. Not to mention the U.I and the heavy use of 2010's technology that ruined the prequel and the comic book atmosphere I was expecting. The cryptographic sequencer looked inexplicably advanced in comparison to Asylum's, Bane somehow has access to a Titan alpha prototype that Batman never even heard of and didn't even exist in Asylum.

    Compared to Asylum and City which has a strong atmosphere, the former being inspired by Victorian Gothic architecture and seventeenth century gothic horror and the latter being inspired by noire and pulp 50s architecture and aesthetic mixed with Gothic influences with a healthy heap of Tim Burton magic. Origins felt like a generic city with nothing to it, the only locations that stood out to me was Gotham Merchant's Bank & The Royal Hotel, everything else felt very generic.

    Batman in his chracterization felt very naive, reckless, arrogant and clueless, feeling like a trust fund billionaire with a side hobby of abusing street dwellers rather than a detective learning to figure out how to best help Gotham and prevent harm. I do think they tried to have him reddem himself later on with Bane's assault on his Batcave and him getting *slightly* more cautious and a little less arrogant but not enough character development and character moments to justify the title.

    Joker and his psyche and it's exploration was definitely undercooked as the writer's struggled to incorporate all these diverse and thematically disonant elements into one contrived narrative. In terms of narative streamlinig, the game was in sore need of it. Because it kept bouncing off from one tangent to the next.

    Essentially, Paul Dini and David Hego definitely contributed immense amounts to my enjoyment of the Arkham series, without which, I don't really seem to get much out of the games.

    submitted by /u/TheSnarkySlickPrick2
    [link] [comments]

    “City of fear” Artwork by me

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 05:20 PM PDT

    Question time!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    Who is the most criminally underused/wasted villain in all of the Arkhamverse

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/GothamFan2007
    [link] [comments]

    In my opinion, this is hands down the funniest thug conversation in the series

    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 07:17 PM PDT

    The night is young Bats

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    This is my last riddler trophy in knight just beyond this door. What do I do with this door being closed?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 03:17 PM PDT

    I hope they have this skin in the next Batman game xD

    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment